This Spicy Oven Roasted Salmon salad is one of my favorite. It is super easy to make, healthy, and the bonus, it is so tasty! The spicy baked salmon gives this dish a unique taste. You will have all the benefits that the vegetables and the salmon give, and also the rich and spicy flavor of a true African dish.
In Africa, we like our fish and meat well done. So, I usually bake my salmon in a 380ºF oven for 25-30 min. if you like your salmon medium or medium rare, reduce cooking the cooking time.
For this recipe, I chose the American Blend Salad for its crunchiness. It is a mix of crispy iceberg, and romaine, sweet crunchy carrots, tangy red cabbage and sometimes, radishes. I am not really into radishes, so I usually buy one mix that has none, but you can certainly use any blend you like. You can make the vegetable mix yourself, but buying it will save you some time. OK, let’s make this Spicy Oven Roasted Salmon Salad!
Total Cooking Time: 35 min
- 1 lb salmon (about 4 fillets)
- 1 tsp creole seasoning salt
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 cups American Blend Salad
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 380ºF.
- Grease a baking pan with a drizzle of vegetable oil.
- Add butter to the baking pan and put in the oven.
- Meanwhile, season each side of salmon fillets with the seasoning salt.
- Lay fillets on the hot pan in a single layer.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve the salmon with the salad and a splash of balsamic vinaigrette or my go-to vinaigrette.