Total Cooking Time: 40 min
- 4 plantains
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Creole seasoning salt or any seasoning salt of your choice
- oil for frying plantains
- Preheat a grill
- Meanwhile, clean chicken legs with water, season with seasoning salt and mix with mustard until well coated.
- When the grill gets hot, brush the grates with vegetable oil.
- Place the chicken legs on the grill , cover and let cook for 15 min.
- Meanwhile, peel plantains and slice crosswise into 1/4 inch thick diamond-shaped, hold your knife diagonally to get the shape.
- Gently sprinkle the plantains with salt.
- Open the grill, turn the legs to the other side and cook for 15 min.
- While the chicken is cooking, put a pan on a stove on a medium high heat
- Pour in vegetable oil and heat until hot.
- Make sure the chicken is completely cooked through and set aside to finish frying the plantain.
- Once the oil is hot, add to plantains slices and fry each side 10 min or until golden brown.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the fried plantains onto a plate.
- Serve plantain hot with the grilled chicken leg, and tomatoes and onion sauce.