Riz Blanc, literally translated as “white rice” is a rice made with broth or stock, usually beef or lamb stock, but you can use chicken stock as well. The stock gives the rice tons of flavor.
In this recipe, I am using beef round, cut into chunks. To cut the total cooking time, you can make the meat a day before.
Total Cooking Time: 1h50-2h
Serving: 4 – 6
- 1 lb beef, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups water
- garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp Creole seasoning salt
- 1 cup mixed vegetables
- Put beef in a bowl, clean with water and vinegar, and Put it in a medium to large pot.
- Generously sprinkle every inch of the beef with salt, pepper, and garlic to s.eason.
- Add oil and onions.
- Cover pan, and put it over medium-low heat, and cook for 15 min.
- Remove cover, add water, and put heat up to medium.
- Cover first with aluminum foil and then with pan cover, and cook for another 45 min. After 35 min, preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Put heat down to low, remove the cover and the aluminum foil.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the meat pieces, lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet, and put it in the oven for 10 min.
- There should be about 2 cups of beef broth left in your pan. Add 2 cups of water to make it 4 and the creole seasoning salt.
- Let the mixture boil, about 5 min
- Rinse 3 cups of rice in a bowl and add it to the broth mixture, stir.
- Put the heat back to medium and gently stir every 2 min until much of the liquid is absorbed by the rice, about 6 min.
- Turn heat to low, turn off oven and put the meat on the rice.
- Add the mixed vegetables, and gently stir.
- Cover with aluminum foil and pan cover and let it cook for 30-35 min.
- Your rice is ready! Turn the heat off and serve hot or warm.