Ready in: 30 min
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sour cream/crème fraîche
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, diced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Clean, peel and rinse the potatoes.
- Slice potatoes evenly, about ½ inch thick.
- Put the potatoes in a medium pan, and sprinkle them generously with the salt. Potatoes need salt to taste great. Make sure you are putting enough.
- Cover the potatoes with water and put the pan over a medium-high heat.
- Cook for 25 min, or until tender.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the potatoes from the pan into a large mixing bowl.
- Pass the potatoes through a potato ricer. This make your mashed potatoes super fluffy. Use a fork, a whisk, or a potato masher if you don’t have the ricer.
- Add butter and whisk until well distributed.
- Meanwhile pour heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl and heat it in the microwave for 15 seconds, just to get it warm.
- Gradually pour in heavy cream, whisking until smooth.
- Add sour cream and whisk again. Your mashed potatoes is ready when everything is blend together perfectly and the mixture gets fluffier. You can use a hand mixer.
- Garnish with green onion and serve.