Seasoned, Boiled, and oven broiled on low setting make this lamb delicious! Enjoy it with caramelized onions on a French Baguette, or with white Rice. Try it with my Riz Gras aux Petits Pois.
Total Cooking Time: 1h 20 min
- 2 lb lamb, cut into one-and-a-half-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp vinegar (fresh lime juice can be used)
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1.5 qt cool water
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup of onion puree
- In a large bowl, mixed lamb, vinegar and let it sit 5 min.
- Triple Rince the mixture with water.
- Add lime juice, garlic powder, black pepper, ground ginger and onion puree to the meat.
- Mix thoroughly to coat well.
- Put the seasoned meat in a pan over medium-low heat.
- Close the pan and cook for about 15 min, gently tossing occasionally.
- After 15 min, add water and cook for 40 min over medium-high heat.
- After 30 min, Preheat oven broiler on a low.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the lamb meat from the pan and lay them in a single layer on an oven tray.
- Reserve the liquid. Use this as a lamb broth for my Riz Gras aux Petits Pois.
- Broil in for 20 min.