How do you like your plain white rice?
If you are like me, definitely not sticky and mushy. I can not stand a sticky rice, and I have grown up cooking rice without a rice cooker or a steamer.
Many African cook their rice without one! I have carried this habit, and till now, I still use my pan to cook my rice.
So, how do you get the perfect plain white rice, those perfect individual grains every time?
Follow these simple steps! You will never regret not having a rice cooker again!
Total Cooking Time: 35 min
- 3 cups long grain white rice
- 4 cups water
- ½ tsp salt
- Put a pan over a medium-high heat.
- Pour in water and let it boil about 5 minutes.
- Wash the rice with cool water.
- Add the rice to the boiling water and stir.
- When the rice starts to cook, stir it occasionally, about 5 min until the liquid is reduced by about half.
- Put the heat down to low.
- Cover the pan tightly, first with aluminum foil, and then the pan’s lid.
- Let cook on the low heat for 20-25 min.
- Serve the rice with a mix of vegetables and your favorite sauce.