These Coconut Nutmeg Pancakes are my family favorite. Pancakes! Pancakes! If you leave in America, or you have been here once, you probably have eaten these American favorite breakfast at least once! There are very easy to make.
Everyone loves them in my family, so I have decided to make mine extra special for my family by adding a taste from my home continent, Africa.
I remember the tapioca my mom used to make for breakfast when I was little. She would press fresh coconut milk and grate fresh nutmeg on it, which made the tapioca so special and tasty than the ones sold on the streets.
Huuuummmmmmm, I can still smell the kitchen those sunny mornings! OK! OK! Let’s not get caught up here! The ground nutmeg and the coconut milk are what make these pancakes special for me. It gives a perfect twist to these American favorites breakfast, and my family devours them every time I make them!
Try them, they might just become your favorite too!
Total Cooking Time: 30 min
Serving: about 10 pancakes (5-6 inches diameters)
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extra
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients
- Add all wet ingredients
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Put a lightly greased frying pan on a medium-low heat
- When the pan is hot, use a 1/4 cup to scoop batter into the pan.
- Cook each side on a medium-low heat until golden brown.
- Serve it warm as is or with honey and a mix of your favorite fruits.