Total Cooking Time: 40 min
- 2 cups of fermented corn flour
- 5 cups cool water
- 1 lb salmon (about 4 slices of salmon)
- seasoning salt
- olive oil or any vegetable oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 sweet onion (thinly sliced lengthwise to make 1 cup)
- 3 tomatoes (thinly sliced to make 1 cup)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp hot pepper puree (optional)
- Preheat oven to 380ºF
- Rinse Salmon with cold water and pat it dry.
- Sprinkle seasoning salt over fish on each side
- Put salmon on a greased baking pan
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Put it into the oven for 20 min.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- In a mixing bowl, mix 2 cups of fermented corn flour with 3 cups of water.
- Slowly pour the mixture into the boiling water, stirring with a wooden spatula to prevent clumping.
- Continue stirring as the mixture thickens, 4 to 5 minutes.
- cover and let cook for 10 min medium-low heat.
- Pour it into a bowl, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Pour tomato sauce in a small pan
- Add salt
- Cook for 5 min on medium-low heat
- Add sliced onions and tomatoes
- Stir in slowly and let it cook for 1 min
Serve Akassa with fish and moyo with a little hot pepper puree for some heat.